Post-pandemic production relocation: an opportunity for CEE countries?
Here are the main points addressed in our latest study on CEE countries:
A FAVOURABLE CONTEXT
Foreign trade and inclusion in supply chains had already increased in recent years, supported by EU membership by most CEE (Central and Eastern European) countries in 2004.
- An educated workforce
- Geographical proximity to Western Europe
- Low labour costs
- Relatively good infrastructure
- A stable business climate
- Improving productivity through greater use of automation and "robotisation"
VARIOUS SECTORS CONCERNED
- The automotive industry, the backbone of the industry in this region
- But also: the production of electrical and electronic equipment, machinery, chemicals, as well as the transport and storage sectors
- And new opportunities: outsourcing of services through digitisation and a large ICT talent pool
HOWEVER, INVESTMENTS ARE NECESSARY
New investments are needed to be in a favourable position, especially in terms of automation and digitisation.
1, place Costes et Bellonte
Tel: +33 1 49 02 16 29